The beautiful detached Georgian house is situated in a quiet country lane, it has spectacular views across fields to the downs and is a ten-minute walk from the sea. Across the lane is a pleasant ten-minute walk beside the stream which leads to the picturesque village of Brighstone with its village shops, tearooms, public house and National Trust Museum and shop. A marvellous walking area – footpaths can also be followed to join the coastal path leading to Tennyson Downs and the Needles. The secluded sandy bays of Compton, Totland and Colwell a short drive away. Children of all ages are welcome, as are well behaved pets (by arrangement).
The Mill House has spacious rooms and retains many original features. The house is centrally heated and has a combination of fitted carpets, rugs, stone and wooden floors. Almost all the rooms have open rural views.
– 4 double rooms with king sized beds (1 with 4 poster bed).
– 2 twin rooms (1 with full sized bunk beds and a wooden cot and 1 ground floor bedroom with two single beds).
– 3 bathrooms (1 family bathroom with corner bath and shower cubicle, 1 bathroom with roll top bath and 1 downstairs bathroom with shower cubicle).
– Elegant sitting room with open fireplace, grand piano, stereo system and comfortable seating.
– Snug sitting room with comfortable seating, wood burning stove, colour television, DVD player (bring your own DVDs) a selection of family games, children’s toys and books.
– Dining room with solid oak furniture with seating for eight people and a wood burning stove.